Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Vacation Checklist

Before you leave home here is a checklist to help you prepare:

1. Purchase travel insurance and make sure you keep contact info with you as you travel.
    This will protect your investment in case you need to cancel due to illness or death in the family. It will also cover expenses up to a certain amount if you should lose your luggage or it is delayed. Your insurance will also protect you if you should get sick on your trip and need medical attention or to fly home (and that can get very expensive). I ALWAYS buy this for myself. It's a small price to pay for piece of mind.

2. Make sure you have your passport and required I.D. Your passport must not expire within 6 months of when you are traveling.  Also if required obtain necessary visas and immunizations.

3. For a cruise pre-register your guest information online and print out your edocs.

4. Don't forget to call your credit card company and let them know you will be out of the country and the dates. Otherwise if they see charges on your credit card which look out of the ordinary they may put a freeze on your card.

5.  Leave a copy of your credit card and passport with a family member or friend. I also take a copy with me and put it in my safe.

6.  Remember to stop mail and newspaper.

7.  Reserve any shore excursions. You can do this online or your travel agent will be happy to help you with this. Many times I can reserve an excursion which has fewer people and costs less. I can also give you some recommendations of can't-miss sights based on my experience as well as the experiences of my past clients.

8.  Print out any hotel or transfer vouchers which your travel agent emailed to you.

9.  Go and enjoy!

I will cover some packing tips in an upcoming blog.
Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment